Or ‘Two Brothers’ in English, is a 64ft fully restored Dutch Sailing Barge (a Skutsje) based on the iconic waterfront at The Tidemill in Woodbridge, Suffolk. Absolutely no expense has been spared in this renovation!
With a discount for couples, she offers comfortable self-catering accommodation for up to 4 in 2 cabins; 1 double and 1 twin, along with a modern shower room, open saloon with a beautiful range cooker and outside there’s a lovely open cockpit with teak seating to relax, unwind and enjoy the views of the river and The Tidemill. All of the bespoke cabinetry inside was hand-crafted by a local furniture maker and she features wonderful handmade tiles in the shower room in the Dutch Delft style, in keeping with her heritage.
We welcome up to three dogs on board and we have a reputation for combining luxury, with a highly open, dog-friendly approach. The best of both worlds for you and your dogs.
She was lovingly restored in 2008 from the hull upwards and no expense was spared, including all of the cabinetry and the centrepiece of the saloon, the fabulous cast iron oil fired range supplying heating, hot water and cooking on board.
Twee Gebroeders is moored so this is not a sailing holiday. She is static but due to her size you will not really feel her moving.
Woodbridge is a little town with a big personality where you will find plenty to see and do.
The Waterfront and quayside is a colourful mix of vessels from barges to sailing yachts presided over by the towns iconic Tidemill. Step off Twee Gebroeders and you will find yourself in the impressive new ‘Whistocks’ leisure development built on the historic boatyard, with cafe’s and coffee shops a stones throw away. What more could you want?
Out & About
If you do actually want more, then you have access to the some of the best of the British coast, with historic Orford and Aldeburgh within half an hour, or you could carry on up the coast a little to Dunwich, Walberswick and Southwold; all well worth a visit.
Price, Availability & Booking made easy for you
- Select the barge and month of arrival you’d like from the drop down menu
- Click on the date you’d like to arrive in the calendar. Our arrival & departure days are Monday, Friday and Sunday
- Choose the number of nights you’d like to stay. Minimum two nights from Friday, four nights from Monday, or five nights from Sunday.
- Choose how many of you are staying as we do have some discounts
- The price of your break will simply pop up, including any late availability discount
- Then select ‘Book Now’ to go through and secure those dates for your Woodfarm break
Please note we make a small charge of £15 per dog, which will be added during the booking process
to allow us to cover a strict maintenance and cleaning regime and keep the barges spotless!